- 2017, July 26, ABC News, “Artificial intelligence: Australia falling behind as businesses fail to embrace AI, expert says“
- 2017, July 26, The Manila Times, “The Data Privacy Act: Reality setting in“
- 2017, July 26, The Irish Times, “Shatter comments on Wallace ‘breached’ data protection law“
- 2017, July 25, Wired, “The Rise of AI Is Forcing Google and Microsoft to Become Chipmakers“
- 2017, July 25, NZ Office of the Privacy Commissioner, “Williams v ACC: Getting the information right“
- 2017, July 25, The Atlantic, “The Algorithm That Makes Preschoolers Obsessed With YouTube“
- 2017, July 25, HubSpot, “AI and Big Data Are Changing Our Attention Spans“
- 2017, July 25, Phys.org, “System to secure cryptographic keys and codes for data protection” — the patent documents make no sense to me; but the invention sounds cool!
Well, that’s it – another light news day (I suspect this will become the norm). I have conspicuously left out any link to an article about the spat between Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg over who knows more or what about AI – although I did have to mention it because it’s hilarious.
To come shortly – a post about how privacy shows up in arXiv; a listing of useful GDPR templates (update: can’t find any – yet!); and what kind of compliance measures cyber security insurance policies need in relation to data protection – if required at all (update: this will take some time; hard to find good information).