- 2017, August 29, ACS, “AI is not taking your job“
- 2017, August 28, CDN, “Tech CEO tackles digital ethics and its role in the development of AI & automation“
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “Machine Learning, Ethics and the Value of Surprise: Why Lady Lovelace’s Objection Must Fail If We are to Retain Some ‘Moral Muscle’” — the author of this paper might be comforted by the surprises that experienced players of Go observed AlphaGo make a few years go. I think machine learning will throw up surprises because there is so much probabilistic reasoning involved. We will often wonder why an algorithm came to a particular conclusion and through the process of reverse-engineering we are prompted to question our assumptions.
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “The Internet of Citizens: A Lawyer’s View on Some Technological Developments in the United Kingdom and India” — another paper about the deluge of data that is collected by ‘free’ digital services. Yes, it is a concern; yes, we do need to monitor it.
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “New Republican Bill is Network Neutrality in Name Only“
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “Risk Regulation for the Legal Profession“
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “Corrupting Entrepreneurial Action” — I think the general point the author is making is how difficult it is for entrepreneurs to get access to the market; i.e. to be seen.
- 2017, August 28, SSRN, “Penalties Regimes to Counter Corporate and Financial Wrongdoing in Australia – Views of Governance Professionals“
- 2017, August 28, arXiv – 1708.08296, “Explainable Artificial Intelligence: Understanding, Visualizing and Interpreting Deep Learning Models“
- 2017, August 24, arXiv – 1708.07518, “Unified Host and Network Data Set“
- Intel Techniques Search Tool : an interesting site dedicated to OSINT.
- Pipl : a site to broaden your search for an individual.
I recommend O’Reilly Safari to everyone. Great value research service.